Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Part One (Sunday's Sermon)

     This is part one of my Mother's Day blog. We went to church over at Grace Baptist in Craig this morning and heard Pastor Chet Roden preach...his message spoke to heart in so many ways and for many different reasons, so I thought I would post my notes on here. Now grant it, my Sunday morning sermons notes tend to go all over the place...so please bear with me. I thought about changing them and making them more organized, but then I decided I would rather they be exactly the way the message came across to me this morning...so here goes.

The Prayer of Hannah's Heart
Samuel Chapter 1 (and the beginning of Chapter 2)

1. -Prayer must be persistant (Hannah's was)
   - Hannah didn't have a child because the Lord didn't want her to have one (God shut up her womb), BUT....Hannah continued to pray and made the decision NOT TO GIVE UP, but instead, to BELIEVE and TRUST in GOD!
   -Verse 8 Hannah was persistant in spite of the priests (who themselves were not godly people)
   -Matthew 7;7 Ask and you WILL receive
   -NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!
   -We will receive according to God's will BUT we must remain PERSISTANT in our PRAYERS!

2. -Sincere prayer is problem driven.
   -God gives us problems so that He will hear from us.
   -Our prayers are most sincere when our problems are at their worst because it is in these moments that we rely fully on God.
   -Verse 11 Hannah even chose to pray for a baby boy...and GOD ANSWERED HER PRAYER!!!
   -Hannah made a vow to devote her baby to God if He blessed her with a child, and she kept that promise.

3. -Answered prayer is praise worthy!
    -Verse 11 Hannah said, "Lord, remember me!"
    -Verse 19 bible says, "...and the Lord remembered her!" Hannah made a commitment to God and He remembered her and gave her a child.
   -Verses 26-27 Hannah never forgot what the Lord had done and the prayers He had answered
   -Chapter 2  Hannah is praising God...she continued to praise Him even after God had answered her prayers!

     I hope that this message will be as inspirational and uplifting for you as it was for me. :-)  God is such a loving and caring God and even though this life is full of difficult moments, if we ask, WE SHALL RECEIVE!!! God bless you all on this Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment