Saturday, October 27, 2012

Charles Lucas

    



 The Lord blessed us with another miracle on October 24th at 11:01 am. Lucas was born via c-section and weighed 8 lbs 4 oz. and was 18 inches long. He has been our most laid back baby so far. I've only heard him cry twice since he was born...once when they took him out of my belly and then a few minutes after returning from his circumcision. I fell in love with him from the moment I heard his sweet cry...even before I had the chance to lay my eyes on him. And then when I did, oh my goodness, my heart melted all over again. I worried that I would have trouble making room in my heart to love another child, but I can definitely say no trouble at all, lol!!!
     I had an amazing birth experience, which many people may find odd since it was another cesarean. We were blessed with an amazing doctor to deliver Lucas and the hospital staff made our visit incredible. We kept Lucas with us for the majority of the stay, except for those moments when he had to have his vitals checked and then again during his circumcision. I have been exclusively breast feeding and he has done phenomenal with it. He latched on during the first try (we were able to do skin to skin and nurse within 45 minutes of his birth) and has been a pro at it. I was blessed that my milk came in early this time because the kid is all about eating...all the time! *grin* He only lost 10 ounces while we were in the hospital and I'm fairly certain he has gained that all back. I've never seen such a hungry little boy, haha.
     We take him back tomorrow morning for his first check-up and I can't wait to see how it goes. I will try to post again when I have a free moment (which is laughable now). Oh, and also a huge congratulations to my friend Emily who gave birth to her first child only a day after Lucas was born!! :-)  God is SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment