Friday, July 6, 2012

Pregnancy Weight Gain Equals BLEH

    I came out of my doctor's appointment not quite knowing how to feel (We saw a different doctor at our office who IS VBAC friendly, so that was nice). Apparently, by their scale, I gained 8 lbs in the last 4 weeks...YIKES!!! Which puts my overall weight gain at 11 lbs. All the research I've done says that 11 pounds at the beginning of the third trimester is FANTASTIC, but I guess I didn't really expect to put on that much weight so quickly.
     Anyways, enough on that little rant. Just needed to get it off my chest. We are still debating about midwife versus OB/GYN and we are now leaning more towards staying with our practice (except maybe switching to the doctor we saw today) and hiring a doula for the birth. That way, we will still be in a hospital setting in case there are any complications...which really puts my mind at ease. Don't get me wrong; there is nothing I would love more than to have our baby here in the comfort of our own home, but I know that I would spend the entire time worrying that something would go wrong. :-)
     Going to start researching fun events to do with the kids this weekend...preferably ones that contain vast amounts of AC!! But, hope each of you has a great weekend...stay cool!!

1 comment:

  1. A doula will bring a calming presence. Having peace with your birth plan is so important. May you continue to have a healthy pregnancy! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete