Monday, March 19, 2012

Potty Training During Pregnancy

     Let me just say this...potty training while pregnant is HARD! Not only am I training Noah Bug to pee pee and poo poo in the potty, I am also teaching Halebop. She saw her brother doing it and, of course, decided she was all about it too. And surprisingly, even though she is a year younger, she is doing phenomenal. She has consistently peed every single time we sit her on it. And she has managed to tell me at least three times (by running into the bathroom and tapping on the potty) that she needs to go. Noah, on the other hand, pretty much is terrified of it. I'm not quite sure why, though. He will sometimes go if I sit him on it, but that's with a ton of persuasion. But, I know he is ready to be potty trained because he hides when he poops and tells me that he has to go...and does what I call the "pee dance"...where he hops around and grabs himself. :-)  
     And during all of this I'm trying to deal with morning sickness and complete exhaustion on pretty much a daily basis. I'm tired all of the time and it's so difficult to constantly run back and forth to the bathroom, whether it's to help one of the kids on or off the potty, or to throw up due to morning sickness. We probably spend about 75% of our day in the bathroom now...how lovely! :-)  I really shouldn't complain, though. I know that the finances will be a whole lot better when we aren't diapering two kids. I'm so thankful to have grandparents who help us out with this! 
    Anyways, please say a prayer for me over the next several weeks. I still have about a week and a half until I go to the doctor for my first prenatal visit. I'm both nervous and excited about it, but I'm sure once I see that cute little munchkin on the screen and hear its heart beating, I won't be quite as nervous as I am now. Please pray that the Lord will continue to give me the energy I need to keep up with my two kids and that He will soon take away this morning sickness, as well. Thanks to everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment