Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Looking Forward to Easter

     Well, it has been an amazing week so far!  I finally finished up my birth control pills so I don't have to deal with daily emotional breakdowns anymore!  :-)  And THAT makes me so very HAPPY!  It was just so hard on everyone; Caleb, Noah, me...I never knew when i was just going to break down into tears and not be able to stop crying...but worse than that even were the severe migraines I was getting on a daily basis. I am SO thankful that they are finally gone! It was just so hard taking care of a newborn when I could barely stand any light...but oh well. That's over with now! :-)  And everyone is SO much happier!  We're trusting the Lord with any future children we may have...and hoping He has in mind to let us wait a couple of years before having another one. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a mommy, but it would be great if Noah was out of diapers before the Lord sends another one along, lol. Oh well...it's completely in HIS hands...and we will trust Him with any decision he has for our family! 
     On a different note, tomorrow we're going over to color easter eggs at my Granny Jones' house. It has been a family tradition since, well...since I was born, lol. :-)  I'm even more excited about it this year because little Noah Bug gets to be there with us. Not that he is big enough to understand or enjoy it, but it's his very first Easter and we are so excited about it. I know he doesn't understand the "real Easter story" but we're reading to him out of his Baby Bible that our Pastor and his wife got for him. It's just such an amazing feeling to sit down and read the Bible to your child...a feeling I can't find the words to describe...simply that it is one of the best moments of parenthood!
     On Good Friday, I am heading over to Craig again to wak with two of my bestest friends ever...Anna and Trista. *big smile*  I can't wait to see her two little ones again...it's just so nice to have a friend who is at the same place in their life as what I am right now! It's great to be able to call her up and ask her questions about Noah, lol...because she has been through it not once, but twice before me!  And then of course, Anna is just so easy to talk to about anything...it's great having her around. After our walk, Noah and I are going grocery shopping with Anna and then heading back to Salem to hang out until Caleb gets home...who knows, maybe her hubby will join us when he gets off work! :-) 
     Saturday I have NO idea what I'm doing yet...I think my Mom might be coming over for a shopping trip...and that's always great fun!  More clothes for baby Noah...and maybe, just maybe, I can find some jeans for myself!  Who knows...shopping for me is a bit depressing these days...although, I have lost 32 pounds in 2 months...and I am very proud of myself for that! I am wearing my prepregnancy jeans again...but it's going to take forever to get back into size 6...and who knows if that is ever going to happen. I might just have to settle for my size 10 jeans lol....since that seems to be where I'm stuck at right now! All things are possible with God, though!
     Sunday, Easter, of course...we are going to church with my parents...they are having a guest speaker and invited us to spend Easter with them. I love our home church, but sometimes it's just so hard with all of our family living in Craig...while we live in Salem. Weekends are pretty much the only days that our family gets to see us...and Noah Bug, lol...and so our weekends are a mad rush to try and squeeze in seeing everyone!  *sighs* Don't get me wrong, I love it...but sometimes I think it would be easier if Mom lived like 5 minutes away!  Oh well...no biggie. Caleb and I both love Salem and moving back to Craig would put Caleb so much farther away from work...I just really miss my family sometimes. I can't wait for summer to get here, because I will get to spend everyday hanging out with my Mom (she works at a school so she gets her summers off!) and my other family. We've already planned weekly trips including going to the lake, shopping, walking, and one of our favorites...tanning!  Noah will be cozy under this beach umbrella...cuz I don't want a lobster baby, lol! 
      Well, I will probably wind this up for now! I gotta go get some cleaning done before my better half gets home! Then, we'll probably head over to WalMart for a bit...and maybe go for a walk together!  I don't really care what we do, actually...it's just great getting to spend time with such a wonderful family. Thanking God for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment