Friday, April 2, 2010

"In My World, Everyone's a Pony...and they all Eat Rainbows and Poop Butterflies"

     Soooo, I decided to let Noah watch "Horton, Here's a Who!!" And yes, before anyone starts whining at me that I shouldn't let my 3 month old watch TV, I'm his Mommy and feel that it is perfectly ok. I watched TV when I was a baby, as did my brother and my husband, and I think we turned out just fine!  :-)  Just getting that tidbit off my chest as everyone seems to think they need to tell me how to parent...*sighs*  Oh well, lol. Anyways, my title is a quote from the movie...and I was just cracking up...and Caleb, of course, didn't make it any better as he continously kept rewinding it and making me watch it over and over again. And the sad part is, Noah had already went to bed, lol. Sadly, I'm one of those parents who finishes watching their children's animated movies after they have already gone to bed! Silly me!
     Caleb got off of work two hours early today for Good Friday...so that was nice. Anna watched Noah Bug while we went to Toys R Us to get his Easter gifts from the Easter Bunny, lol. :-)  I know he still doesn't quite understand that whole concept yet, but it's still fun! Oh, speaking of that, I took him to have his pictures made with the Easter Bunny the other day...which he HATED!!! He didn't really cry or anything...just whined a bit, lol...and then decided that would be the perfect opportunity to spit up...ALL OVER THE BUNNY!  I cracked up, hoping that the laughter would keep me from crying, which it did, thank the Lord!  :-)  The photographer wasn't as thrilled, as he kept shouting at me "he's spitting up, he's spitting up!" I was like, "Duh..he's a BABY!!!"  But, anyways, that was definitely an experience that I won't forget!  I had my awesome sister in law with me, so that made things a little easier! 
     Noah has this cute thing he does now where he will stare at someone whose attention he wants...and coo and giggle at them until they make eye contact with him. If they don't...his coos and gurgles get increasingly louder, and then he starts kicking his chubby little legs, lol...it is SOOOOO funny!  I love it!  And when they finally do look at him, he gives them the BIGGEST smile ever! It is so precious!  He is almost able to sit up on his own...and already has complete head control, which makes me happy because soon I won't have to cart him around in that dreadful carseat all the time. In another month or two he will be riding around in style on Mommy's hip...that's for sure! I absolutely despise that carseat...the other day I accidentally knocked it into my own leg (yeah, clumsly me) and now I have a huge, ugly bruise!  So much for looking decent in my new shorts, I guess!  Oh well, so goes it!
     Since I am writing about my marriage as well...I have to mention my amazing hubby. :-)  Even though I'm not pregnant anymore, he still gives me a backrub EVERY NIGHT!!! I can't even begin to describe how blessed I am to be married to such an incredible man!  *sighs*  Who knew that after almost 8 years of being together, he can still give me butterflies when he looks at me!  When he cuddles me up close into his arms, looks me in the eyes, WOW...I could just melt! And sometimes do, lol. His job is still going great...and he is advancing quite quickly, as I knew he would. He goes above and beyond at every job he has been at...including the crappy ones. What can I say? He is such a hard worker...does the absolute best he can at everything...I'm so proud of him, for so many things!  He takes care of a wife and son like it's the only thing he has ever wanted to do. Not once does he complain about his day...even when I know he's had a bad one! I can't stop praising God for blessing me with such an amazing friend, lover, father...and so many more qualities that given an eternity, I still wouldn't have the time to name! Caleb, I love you, sweetheart. You are an amazing Daddy to our little one and an incredible husband!  Thanks for being my everything...3 months, 10 days until we have been blissfully wedded for 2 years!  Thanks for the memories, the love, the support, and most of all, for being the spiritual leader for our family!  *hug*
     For everyone else reading that, I promise I'm done with the lovey doveyness now, lol. I just can't help but brag about my family...why not brag? The Lord has blessed me with them, right?  Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend...here's to praising God for sacrificing his Son for my salvation...for which I am so very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment