Monday, April 19, 2010

A Lifetime of Firsts

     So, Noah is FINALLY holding his head up on his own!  This means NO MORE CARRYING THE CARSEAT EVERYWHERE, lol!  :-)  He is 13 pounds now and the carseat is 5, so that's like almost 20 pounds of lugging around, lol. Doesn't sound that heavy until you've had to carry it all over the place constantly. He is also starting to grab and shake toys and he laughed for the first time today! It was like, I had so much love at that moment, I just started crying. Do you ever feel that way??? So happy that it is impossible to keep from bursting into tears?  *sighs*  That's being a mom for you.
     I have opened a new chapter in my life and I am loving it. It really began with the birth of Noah, but so much more has happened. I am no longer a college student, I have made amazing new friends, and the Lord has opened up the possiblity of teaching at a new Christian school that is opening up in Salem! *smile*  I am strengthening my walk with the Lord each day and I finally feel like my life is moving in the right direction. My best friend Becca has been such a positive, uplifting influence on my life. She is such a strong Christian woman and I really believe the Lord brought us together for a reason. We attended their church on Sunday and it was a phenomenal service. The Lord spoke to me through pastor Greg and every fear and worry I have had over the past several months was completely removed. I gave everything up to the Lord FINALLY...I thought I had already done this but I hadn't. It wasn't really until this past week that I realized I was still trying to control my life instead of letting God be in control of it. I constantly worry about Noah but the Lord showed me that I needed to dedicate my son to Him...so I did! My outlook on everything is completely different and although I am still waiting for the Lord to show me what else He has in store for my life, it is up to Him. It is so much easier letting Him have control over me, than trying to run  my own life. Even though I am nervous about where God is leading me and my family, I am open to whatever decisions He has made for us. Please pray for us as we continue to pray for our situation and that we will continue to have strong faith in our Lord and Savior! 

No comments:

Post a Comment