Friday, April 9, 2010

From Sexy to Spit Up

     Well, for all those mommies out there, do you sometimes feel like you wish you had your sexy back? Before baby, I spent my days well dressed, took time to do my makeup and hair, and had dinner ready and the house cleaned before the hubby got home. :-)  Now, lol...I spend my hours walking the floor to calm my baby (which is the main exercise I get every day, haha), washing out the drool and spitup from my hair during the time I used to devote to making it pretty...and I'm lucky to have the toys picked up off the floor and dinner in the oven before he walks through the door. And you wanna know the funny part??? I love every single minute of it, lol!  Sure, smelling like formula all day and being peed on (while your 3 month old LAUGHS when he does it) isn't what I would call sexy, BUT....when your little one looks up at you with that big toothless grin...it's all very worth it! *smile*  And then, when your husband walks through the door, gives you a big wet kiss...and STILL tells you that you look hot...that makes it all worth it. Not saying that I feel very attractive covered in spit up stains and looking like I just rolled out of bed, but that's ok. I have a family who loves me regardless of my appearance...or smell! *grin* 
     I am so thankful for this upcoming Wednesday though. I am taking the entire day for ME...this Mommy is going to have a day out for herself. My Mom and I are going to the Spa and getting manicures and pedicures...then heading out for a nice dinner before going to see the broadway show, Riverdance! *sighs*  I know I will miss Noah SOOOO much that day, but I am going to take a day to pamper myself...and enjoy the day with my own Mama!  :-)  Spending time with her means so much more now that I have a baby of my own. I can finally see how much she did for me to ensure I had everything I ever needed or wanted. It takes a lot more effort than I ever gave her credit for. :-)  I love you, Mom and thanks so much for loving me the way you do!  I am so blessed to have you in my life; I can only hope that I will be as good of a Mom to Noah that you have been to me! *hugs* 
     I am also looking forward to getting home that evening as I will smell all fresh and pretty from my day at the Spa...will NOT be wearing clothes covered in stains, and will be able to truly believe my husband when he tells me I look attractive. :-)  Not that I think he's lying...in his eyes, I will always be beautiful...but I don't feel like that much anymore, lol. Stretch marks, belly flab, and 15 pounds away from being the weight I want, does that to me! :-(   I have been trying so hard to be more positive and upbeat about my appearance, but it's pretty hard somedays. I am thankful I have an amazing hubby who makes me feel pretty...but it would be easier if I really viewed myself the way he sees me! *smiles*  I love you for that, Caleb!  But it's not like I think about that all the time...as I am really busy taking care of a newborn!  It's just, I have THOSE moments...like, when I do get a rare moment to myself (ex. rushing to use the bathroom before Noah's mobile stops playing music and he starts wailing because he wants his mommy)...and I will look in the mirror and see those dark circles under my eyes, along with clumps of who knows what matted in my hair, and think to myself, "Gee, somedays I wish I had the time to get dressed up before Caleb gets home!"  But, I never really want to put myself first anymore...I would rather look like crap all day, just so I have the time to play with Noah, read him a book, or give him his bath. I have learned very well to prioritize now that I'm a Mom....and my family definitely comes first. :-)  Maybe being a Mom makes me cuter...and I have had my sexy back all along *grin*...:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment