Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stress-Free at the Spa and Relaxation at Riverdance

     Yesterday I FINALLY got to have my Mom's day out with my own mama. We started off our day with lunch at the Olive Garden...SO YUMMY...then headed out to Salon del Sol for spa manis and pedis. I can't tell you how awesome it was having our feet scrubbed for an hour and a half; my toes never looked so pretty. We got to sit in massage chairs while we were letting our feet soak in the carribean sea salts...I feel so physically rejuvenated finally...no stress and just chill about everything, lol. I think a huge part of it has to do with my spirituality, as I have been working on my walk with the Lord even more. My new friend, Becca, has had such an impact on me...I'm sure she doesn't even know. But, seeing her SO on fire for the Lord has just helped me with my own walk with God. It truly helps having friends who will sit down and just talk to you about your faith, your struggles, and give you back good Christian advice on how to handle everything. So, today, I woke up feeling physcially and spiritually uplifted...and to be perfectly honest, I haven't felt that way in quite a while.
     Now, back to yesterday, we finished up with our pedis and went into the next room to get our manicures. Again, I have beautiful nails, lol. I love it. I will be posting pictures on facebook soon...when Noah decides to give me some free time, lol. After we were done at the Spa we drove back to my house where Caleb had dinner cooked and ready for us!  *smiles* I have such a sweetheart for a husband. We ate quickly, gave Noah some snuggles, and headed off to watch the farewell performance of Riverdance. All I can say is, WOW!  It was phenomenal. :-)  I have to admit I have the smallest tinge of jealousy because I would give anything to be able to dance like that, haha. I don't quite see that happening anytime soon.
     On our way back, Mom and I just laughed and laughed...harder than I've laughed in months, actually. It was just so nice to be able to spend an entire day with just my Mom...we don't get many opportunities like that much anymore. It means so much more now that I have a baby of my own..I want to cherish every moment the Lord gives me! Well, I will probably end here for now...gotta get little Noah Bug ready before we head to the grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment