Monday, April 5, 2010

Coughing and Cuddles

Well, my little one caught his first cold this week! :-(  And of course, what is the first thing that Mommy and Daddy do?  FREAK OUT!  I really honestly tried SO very hard to be calm in front of him...and did a good job considering. The poor guy was running a fever, coughing so hard it was making him throw up everything he ate...just by looking at him you could tell he felt bad. I think I felt worse than he did, though...I started crying because no matter what I did the poor guy just kept coughing and hacking and puking. :-(  So, we made the decision to take him to see Dr. Beazely...who immediately made us feel SO much better. He always does a wonderful job at making us feel like wonderful parents...I just love him to death, lol. He said Noah was absolutely fine and would probably have many more upper respiratory infections/colds over the course of his childhood (and adulthood, of course)...and the only way to keep it from happening was to lock him in a bubble and never let him come out, lol. :-)  I know it sounds silly but to see your child gasping for air, not able to catch his breath, and then coughing so hard he vomits...well, that's just terrifying. I'm sure it was worse this time because it was the first time it has happened...and I pray it doesn't happen very often in the future...it just makes me a nervous wreck. On the good side of things, Doc says he is building up his immune system so hopefully the next time he catches it, he will be able to fight it off easier. Still can't give him any medicine...just saline drops, a couple of ounces of water before each feeding, sucking out his nose boogies...and the most important..LOTS AND LOTS OF MOMMY AND DADDY SNUGGLES! *sighs*  I do wonder if the worry I carry around with me will ever get better...I try SO hard to just give it all up to the Lord, but when it comes to my baby boy, it's just really hard. Noah Bug went to bed nice and early tonight and is sleeping well now...and more good news; when we went for his appointment today the nurse weighed him again, and even with all the getting sick, he has still gained another pound over the past month...so, he is up to 12 lbs 7 oz....and I'm so thankful he is still healthy. Not to mention, we asked the doctor about his sleeping 12 hours every night, and he told us that was extremely unusual for a baby not even 3 months yet...but he is gaining weight perfectly and is healthy in every way, so it's perfectly ok. That made us happy, because I honestly feel like we have the perfect little boy. I mean, even when being SO sick and feeling really bad, he was all smiles today...smiling through the tears! :-)  I just wanted to update everyone on how little man is doing. We appreciate the prayer support...it has helped more than anything. Pray not only for Noah and that he gets over this quickly, but that Caleb and I will be able to give our worries over to the Lord! :-)  Good night and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment