Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Make New Friends, but Keep the Old; One is Silver and the Other's Gold!

     Today I went back to see my midwife for my 6 week postnatal checkup. It went GREAT!  She checked my incision and said that it had healed perfectly, which was so nice to hear. All of my stitches have almost completely dissolved but the best part of it all; I GET TO START EXERCISING AGAIN....YAAAAYYYY!!!!  I can finally get rid of this yucky belly flab *big smile*!  I am starting my diet on Monday to kick start my weight loss (I have lost 27lbs since having Noah, which is quite the accomplishment, but I won't be happy until I can fit into my prepregnancy size; 6!).
     We also discussed how long we should wait to start trying for a second baby. My midwife suggested a year, just so that my body has time to fully recover from the whole labor process. Sooo, that meant family planning options. I had already been on the pill for about a year and a half before getting pregnant, so we went with that option. :-)   We still have a lot of praying to do about it, but we're currently thinking about trying for baby number two around august or september of next year. That way, Noah will hopefully be out of diapers when the next one comes along, and they won't be more than 3 years apart. I kind of want them to be close in age just so that Noah has a brother or sister he can relate to fairly well. I loved having a brother and he was only a year and a half younger than me...and it was awesome! :-)
     It's just so weird to think that by next fall I could be pregnant all over again, lol. The first trimester of pregnancy wasn't the greatest for me, but I loved it after that, lol. My favorite part of all was getting to feel my baby boy kick for the first time...and then of course holding him in my arms was, well, I can't really describe how truly incredible it was. Not to mention, he is like the most well behaved baby EVER, so deciding ot have another one wasn't really that hard of a decision to make! I just love being a Mommy so much...if we had the money I would have a whole slew of kids. But I want to be able to be able to give each and every one an equal opportunity in life; example: I want to be able to send them to college and help them pay for it...if I have like 10 kids, that probably wouldn't be happening, LOL! *big smile*  Well, I'll stop dreaming for a moment and get back to the present.
     Since Caleb started this new job, so many wonderful things have started to fall into place. He has become pretty good friends with one of his fellow co-workers. This friend has a wife my age who has an 18 month old and has decided to be a stay at home mom, as well. I am really looking forward to meeting and getting to know her, because it will be nice to have a new friend to talk to; especially one who is at the same place in her life that I am in mine. Sometimes it's hard to accept that friends drift apart, but the Lord always seems to provide a new opportunity for friendship...for this, I am very thankful. I am keeping my eyes and heart open for moments such as these. Not to mention, I have also rekindled my friendship with a couple of my best friends from childhood; Emily and Trista. :-)  Trista has a litlte girl only a couple of months younger than Noah...I am hoping they will be be able to grow up together. Trista and I are already planning to walk this summer over in Craig...pushing our babies in their stroller, lol. I can't wait..it's going to be so much fun! And Emily and her fiance Fletcher are coming to visit us next weekend. YAY! I can't wait. Then, sometime in April, we are taking Noah up to LU to watch one of their baseball games!  WOW! It's going to be such a great year...I am so excited to see everything the Lord has in store for me and my family!
     In closing, I would like to quote a song Emily, another girl, and I once performed on the very well known craig county auditorium stage.  "Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver and the others gold. A circle is round, it has no end; that's how long I want to be your friend!" :-)

2 comments:

  1. holy cow...i forgot about that...i'm sure grandma has pictures somewhere...maybe i'll look for those over break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see pictures again!!! :-) It's weird how having a baby makes me constantly think about my own childhood...lol! Counting down the days 'til ya'll get here! We're so excited to see you guys! BTW, Caleb was THRILLED to learn that Fletcher is a Lost fan...that's all I hear about every Tuesday...and the fact that we have to talk about Lost theories, and what the island ACTUALLY represents, is starting to drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete