Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Living for the Lord

     I have really slacked off in my blogging recently. Oops, lol. *grin*  I now spend my days playing referee to my little ones and learning the tricks to being a Mom of two. Life has been going extremely well these days and I know it's because I am working continually on strengthening my walk with the Lord. Not only has my parenting improved but also has my marriage. Instead of focusing on proving my point and always having to be right (and yes, I struggled with this...still do, occasionally) I now gear my energy towards best serving my spouse. I still feel angry with his ability to fill up the laundry basket as soon as I empty it, leave toothpaste in the sink, and other pet peeves. But instead of acting on that anger, I remind myself that this is what comes with having a spouse and children. It means that I am blessed. All those dirty dishes, piles of laundry, and messes are daily reminders that God has blessed me beyond belief. I've learned to channel my frustration into a happy countenance...one which would make the Lord pleased with me. I sometimes fail in my efforts and let anger and frustration get the best of me, but I was born into sin, so I can't be "perfect" this side of Heaven. 
     But just remember, if you are having a rough day, or are irritated with your spouse, children, friends etc. all of these situations which we view as negative are really the Lord's reminders that you are blessed. You have a warm home, friends, family, children...all of God's blessings. When you feel the devil trying to get to you, put a smile on your face and be filled with the holy spirit...doing everything for Him. Nothing should be easy enough that we don't have to depend on our Savior each and every day. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment