Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out With the Old in With the New

    Spent the day shopping with Mom but had to cut short our day out due to these awful allergies. At first I thought it was a cold but I started sneezing like crazy as soon as we walked into Bath and Body Works. All of the different scents sent them into overdrive...then followed watery eyes and lots of nose blowing. But, on the positive side I spent the day shopping for new clothes (and shoes...I can't shop without buying shoes, haha). I am doing away with all of my frumpy, post pregnancy clothes, which hid my chubby belly. Trust me...no one wants to see that; complete with lots of stretch marks and white as chalk as it hasn't seen the sunshine in well over two years. I got a TON of new stylish clothes so all those Mom jeans are going out the window just as fast as my arms can toss them. *big grin*  I'm loving the out with the old in with the new attitude I've taken on. 
     I've decided that I'm not making the resolution to lose weight this year as I always seem to lose motivation after a couple of months. Instead, I'm going to continue to eat healthy, exercise, and have fun chasing around these two beautiful babies of mine. I trust that the weight will come off, slowly and steady, but I'm not going to worry about it too much. I'm only ten pounds away from my goal weight and when I started my weight loss journey I was 45 pounds from it. I'm proud of what I've accomplished in the past nine months but it wouldn't have been possible without the Lord. All of the times I've wanted to give up and give in to nibbling on those sweet treats, I've turned to God. He gives me the strength I need to persevere. And speaking of the Lord, I've grown so close to Him this past year. I pray that I will continue to grow in my relationship with Him in 2012....that's my only resolution for this year. Because with God, I can do ALL things! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment