Sunday, May 6, 2012

House Improvements

     It has definitely been a crazy, busy week. We are all moved in to our new home and I am falling more in love with it by the day. So much has happened over these last few days that it's pretty much impossible to fit it all into one blog. But, I shall try. 
     After signing the paperwork and officially closing on the house, we headed over to start the priming and painting process. I had decided on a cheerful yellow color for the living room and kids' room. We only got the priming done that day, but spent all day Saturday finishing up those two rooms. Praise the Lord we had a ton of our family helping us, or it would have taken forever. :-)  My parents surprised us with a $50.00 gift card to Lowe's along with a huge pot of petunias for our porch. We immediately headed out (without the littles) to purchase a few things for our new home. Let's just say that we went a bit overboard and bought close to $150.00 worth of stuff. When the cashier rang us up, I was like...WHAT?!?!?  But, it was ok because we had already set aside some funding for fixing up our new home. 
     We decided while we were there to buy paint for the kids' play room/guest room downstairs and for Caleb's man cave. The playroom/guestroom has it's own private bathroom so we chose that to do in a beach theme. Pale blue walls with tons of ocean view pictures...including a couple of the ones I took while in Key West.  I was very impressed with it. AND, my awesome Mother in Law is giving us her futon so our guests have a place to sleep when they stay!!! So totally thrilled. :-)
     Caleb chose a dark red wine color for the man cave. I wasn't too sure about it at first but after a couple of coats of paint and finally seeing it after it was dry, I pretty much loved it too. We made a trip to Best Buy a few days ago and purchased a big screen tv for that room, along with a television stand to go with it. Now, we are doing our best to decide on furniture but can't seem to agree on anything as of yet. Still lots of browsing to do. I would really love to buy a new sectional sofa for upstairs, and then move our old furniture downstairs until we will hopefully be getting a sofa from a friend of a friend for helping them move. :-)  It will all work out and I know it doesn't all have to be done right away. I have a very LONG list of improvements to make, for sure. 
     We just got internet back yesterday so I'm thankful for that. It's a bit harder to access everything from my mobile. Can't wait to have all of our friends over for a get together soon. It's off of here for now, as I've got to figure out what activity to plan for the kids this afternoon. Hope each of you has had a VERY blessed week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment