Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Beautiful Day Ahead

     I am SO looking forward to this day. Today is Old Salem Days, a Fall Festival type event our town has every year. There is so much to look at, and of course, plenty of friends and family to bump into. *grin*  If this alone is that wonderful, on top of it all, it's supposed to be in the 70s today....the perfect temperature to kick off the autumn season. And yes, I know it sounds strange that I consider Old Salem Days the beginning of fall, but it just seems fittin'!  Not to mention, Starbucks has already started serving their pumpkin spiced lattes...a DEFINITE sign that Fall has arrived. In addition, every single store in the area shouts "Fall is here" by the endless amounts of reds, yellows, oranges splattered all over the store...and last but not least, I know autumn has arrived because every Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I get blessed with the joy of watching football with my boys...unfortunately, this year I get outvoted EVERY SINGLE TIME! *sighs*  That's all right, though..I love this season and I mean...LOVE IT...and that means everything that comes with it; even every weekend wondering if my hubby is going to pop a blood vessel shouting so loudly at the television when his team, favored to win, just isn't up to par! *grin* God is so wonderful and I see it more and more with each passing day; especially in the simple way that summer fades to fall with an explosion of color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment