Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Wonderful Valentine's Day

Well, today was really wonderful. We started off the day by going back to our home church...and it was so uplifting to finally be back there. It went so well and everyone was happy to finally get the chance to see Noah Bug! *sighs* The Lord really worked in that situation and I couldn't be more thankful! Then, it was back home to drop Noah off with my parents so Caleb and I could finally have our date. We were supposed to go out together last weekend but due to all the bad weather we had to postpone. So thankful we had the opportunity to spend today with each other. It's hard to believe how difficult it is to maintain an intimate relationship with your spouse after just having a baby. Noah is the center of every thought and feeling and takes a bit of extra effort to make personal time for each other. Today, Caleb and I took some time to catch up with each other on things we haven't really had a chance to talk about over the last month or so...and I have to admit, it was really nice. There was laughter, and tears...just finally being able to talk about everything I've been feeling since giving birth...the happy moments, frustrations, and even the simple things like what he has been doing at work. It was just so nice. Then, on the way to the theater, I got a phone call from one of my best friends, Emily; calling to tell me that she was engaged!!! I can't tell you how wonderful it was to hear such great news! I am so happy for her and Fletcher, her fiance! They are such a wonderful Christian couple...I know the Lord will be at the center of their marriage, and that will ensure that it is a strong one. *smiles* It made me think about the day that Caleb and I got engaged..and how far we have come since that moment...January 13th, 2006. I can't even begin to explain how happy I was that day...that I was finally going to marry my best friend...and I surely did, two years later...July 12th, 2008. We have had our shares of ups and downs along the way, but I wouldn't change one single thing about any of those moments..they are what has shaped us into the couple we are today! Each of those tough times has made each happy moment even sweeter. I am just so thankful that God has blessed me with a wonderful, loving husband and a beautiful baby boy. Thank you Lord for each and every blessing, answered and unanswered prayers, and most of all, my salvation! And to Caleb...thank you for being the most loving husband a woman could ask for! I LOVE YOU! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment