Monday, February 14, 2011

There is a Silver Lining

     I didn't think it was possible for so many things to go wrong in the span of 2 days...but they have. As most of you know, Caleb's Dad passed away yesterday morning...a total shock to us all. We've been dealing with and grieving over that...not really knowing how to handle it; at least not me. I wish I could explain my feelings in this but all I can do is praise God for providing me with a shield...I have had an inner strength I didn't know was possible. There have been moments when I've wanted (and probably needed) to break down and cry...just cry out everything I've been feeling (and I've done this a few times already) but then I will look into my little boy's face, with that amazing smile, and somehow, things/life seems ok. It's so strange to think that life can change so quickly...in the blink of an eye, but knowing that I have the Lord to go to during these moments...that is the reason for this strength, and hope that things will be ok again. 
     After yesterday, I didn't think things could get much worse, but I got a phone call from my Mom this afternoon around 4:30...right after my prenatal appointment. She told me there was a fire burning on CC Mountain across from their house, and they might be evacuated. I've seen the news and read the many comments on Facebook...over 200 acres are burning in Craig right now. Flames that threaten the homes of my parents, grandparents, and aunt and uncle. Fire that could in a split second destroy every piece of childhood memorabilia that exists for me...and then, the guilt which comes with those thoughts. Those are material things...my family is safe and in knowing that, how can I fret?  My  husband lost his Father yesterday, my Mother in Law lost her husband, and I'm worried about MATERIAL ITEMS?  I am completely and hopelessly spent...exhausted from two days worth of tears and worry. I don't know how I'll be able to keep this up much longer and I'm so worried I will send myself into preterm labor. I have to keep reminding myself to trust and obey my Savior...even though that's a very difficult thing to do right now.
    But, in the midst of all these horrible things, God provided some relief. I went to my 33 week OB/GYN appointment today and Haleigh is doing wonderful. Her heartbeat was 131 bpm and she was measuring perfectly. We went ahead and decided to schedule a c-section for 39 weeks...so if she doesn't come on her own, she will be here no later than March 30th. I can't wait to hold my little girl...because if Noah gives me this much strength by simply smiling, I can't imagine how strong I will be when I have the smiles of two angels. GOD IS GOOD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment