Saturday, April 2, 2011

I Gave Birth to a Piranha

     Needless to say, breastfeeding is going amazingly well. Haleigh is a very aggressive eater which doesn't bode well for my poor boobs, lol, but I'm thankful for the pain. Last night was pretty bad for me because my milk started to come in and I have been aching and sore ever since...it made me feel like I was getting the flu, just without the fever. Anyways, Caleb and I talked about it and decided we would try to introduce her to a little formula for one feeding to give me a rest...both physically and literally. Let's just say that DID NOT go well. She gulped it down so fast she puked and then refused to eat anymore...and I really don't blame her. So, I breast fed her all last night and today I experienced my first "let down"...my milk leaked everywhere. I had to pump to relieve the pain which was HORRIBLE....bleh. I pumped about 2oz so I asked Caleb to run to Wal*Mart and get one of the small NUK bottles...that way he could help to feed it to her. I wasn't really worried about nipple confusion because if she would prefer to eat my milk out of a bottle instead of from me, I would be ok with that. Anyways, Caleb got the bottle and the feeding went perfect...AND, I've nursed her like three times since she used to bottle so I think she is going to do just fine. *BIG GRIN*  I just can't believe I made it through the worst part so far...yeah, my c-section burns like crazy and I'm aching all over from my milk coming in, but I am SO PROUD of this accomplishment. I gave up so easy with Noah and I have regretted it from the moment I did...so I feel like I'm making up for it in a way. Noah turned out fine and that thrills me but knowing that the Lord gave me another opportunity with Haleigh makes me feel so blessed.  
     On another note, we are slightly concerned that Haleigh may be slightly jaundiced. When she was discharged from the hospital yesterday, they said it was normal, but we go back to the pediatrician tomorrow for her first check-up so hopefully they will let us know if there is anything out of sorts. Also, she has been awake more today than she has since was born...but still for probably only about an hour total. That worried me at first until several people assured me that it was normal. I'm still going to ask Dr. Beazely about it in the morning. Hope each of you has a great day...thanks for all the prayers and support!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment