Saturday, April 30, 2011

Water for Elephants

     Caleb took me to see the movie today and let me just say this....it was an English Major's dream. I read the novel a few months ago and rated it in my top 10 books of all time. :-)  Yes, it truly was THAT good. I was so worried about seeing the movie because I thought that it would be all Hollywood-ed up. In other words, they would twist and contort the book in the same way the circus acrobats can so gracefully bend themselves into pretzels...but with Hollywood films, most movies aren't created with any grace at all; instead, their idea seems to be let's take the ideas from a BREATHTAKING book and add as much sex and R-rated material as possible...because in America, we all know sex sells. But, that was definitely not the case with this film. Instead, the book meta morphed beautifully into this incredible film...all the "iffy" parts of the book (Google 1920s/30s circus' and you'll quickly learn what I'm referring to)...there was a very dark side to circus' from that time in history. Anyways, it was a beautiful work of art and I HIGHLY recommend it.  For those of you who have seen or will see it, you'll have to let me know if you agree. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment