Monday, November 7, 2011

The Perfect Will of God

Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your path.”

     We received the letter from Richmond today informing us that Caleb was not being offered the position. I felt tears of disappointment begin to fall down my cheeks but in the same moment, was comforted in knowing that this is God's PERFECT will for my family. I think the crying was mainly due to my best friend being located in Richmond and the hopes I had of being able to see her pretty face every day...and those adorable children of hers, lol! *smile*  But knowing that God has a different plan for my life brings a smile to my face and a lightness to my heart...if I trust in Him and follow in His footsteps, I will always be heading in the right direction. After all, our time our Earth is fleeting but I can always look forward to knowing I get to spend eternity in Heaven with my Savior!!! It's such a great feeling knowing that with my faith placed in the Lord, I never have to worry; that weight on my shoulders feeling is GONE because I know God is my strength in every situation. Today and everyday He blesses me with another day of life here on Earth, I will continue to praise Him and let His light shine through me! This, I know, is a blessing in disguise. God works in mysterious ways, but that's the magic of it all...FAITH!!!
     I started with a piece of scripture so it seems fitting to end this post with another verse from the Good Book. 

Matthew 17:20

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. "

No comments:

Post a Comment