Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Fun

    I just want to start this post by stating I have the BEST HUBBY IN THE UNIVERSE!!! I am so thankful God has blessed me with an amazing husband and for my children, a wonderful father.  We started the weekend by hitting up Best Buy, where Caleb said he would buy me a digital printer (I've been wanting one for a LONG time...but most specifically for my new couponing addiction, haha). We also picked up a new coffee pot to go with the mug the kids got him for Father's Day




     AND a new blender...our other one had a slight malfunction while fixing our frozen banana margaritas. So, yeah...we bought a new one. We finished up there and headed back home so the kids could take their naps; while they were doing that, I researched and printed off digital coupons on my new wireless printer (and let me just say I got that on sale half off...NEVER AGAIN will I pay retail for anything).
     Caleb said he wanted to fix dinner, something we always fight over because it means the one cooking gets a break from the kids for the day, lol...plus, it's relaxing. So, Caleb fixed baked chicken with Asian rub seasoning, honey mustard glaze and brown rice....YUMMY!


     This morning we woke up and gave Daddy LOTS of cuddles because it is Father's Day of course! *GRIN* It was a rough day because this is the first Father's Day without his own Dad being here with us on Earth. I'm thankful that Caleb has two little ones of his own though, because that seemed to make today easier on him...kids give us strength we never knew we had. :-)  So, yeah, we went to Craig and had breakfast at my Granny Spitzer's and celebrated today with my Dad. Then we went to Granny Jones' and celebrated with my stepdad, Luke. It was a pretty good day...bittersweet, but we knew it would be so we were prepared for it.
     After we left Craig we decided to head out to CVS and do some quick couponing...and we did fantastic!!!  Ended up with $66 worth of stuff for $16...it was FANTASTIC!!! Here were our finds for the day:

    Now, we are back at home relaxing and trying to figure out what to fix for dinner. Maybe I will get to cook tonight, lol!!! Hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment