Friday, July 22, 2011

Bad News, Good News, Odds and Ends

     Bad news is that I'm still suffering from a really bad sore throat; as in, blisters are covering the entire area of my upper throat region. So yeah, that is pretty bad. Everytime I try to eat, it feels similar to when you get salt in a paper cut. I'm doing my best to keep a positive attitude but after only being able to eat applesauce and popsicles for a week, it gets kind of hard. :-(  
     BUT, on a positive note I have lost five pounds which means I have already reached the goal I had set to reach by the fall. HOORAY! Maybe this will jump start my continuing weight loss and that would just be AWESOME. 
     I did want to blog a bit about my babies today. Noah, as ya'll know, turned 18 months old yesterday. I just can't get over the fact that he is no longer a baby, no longer a toddler even, but now a little boy. I enjoy waking up each morning wondering what new discovery he will make that day. Just yesterday, he started trying to pick Haleigh up on his own, which is something he hasn't tried before. Noah normally asks me or Caleb if he can hold her, but has never initiated it himself, so that was pretty cool. And sissy absolutely LOVES her brother so you can just imagine the smile she gets across her face when she is cuddled up in the arms of her brother. 
     Speaking of baby girl, I just can't get over that next week she will be 4 months old. I can't thank God enough for both of our adorable little blessings. We love them so much Caleb and I have decided to have at least one more, possible two. We are currently discussing plans for adding a new addition, but don't get too excited because it definitely will not be this year. Caleb has promised me he will take me to Key West next summer if I'm not pregnant before then (and I definitely won't be, lol) so we are looking at next fall or winter before trying for another baby j. *GRIN*  
     We are leaving tomorrow morning for our weekend getaway. We are both so thrilled at the prospect of sleeping past 6am and being able to kiss without Noah freaking out. Let's just say he isn't a fan of sharing Mommy with anybody and that includes Daddy, lol. We are visiting Monticello and I'm really excited. Many of you don't know that I'm a closet history buff; I tend not to talk about that too much because I would come across as being totally nerdy. But yes, I prefer to carry around the guidebook myself and give me and hubby our own little tours when we go and visit historical sites. Then, I talk about the information and knowledge we learn for DAYS afterwards. Call me crazy, but I get all excited over history, lol. So yeah, I'm REALLY looking forward to this time we will have together and thankful to my parents for making this a possibility! (LOVE YOU BOTH!!!) 
     Anyways, it's off of here to clean and start packing. Can't get over that hubs and I will have an almost entire 48 hours to ourselves!!! Hooray for Grandparents!

No comments:

Post a Comment