Thursday, July 7, 2011

Compassion for Casey

    A friend of mine posted a link to this blog on their Facebook today. I read it and it spoke to my heart. As a Christian, we need to set ourselves apart. I do not and will NEVER condone sin (murder or otherwise) but in the God's eyes, aren't our sins all the same? I sin, you sin...we ALL sin.  I must have compassion for her, whether I like it or not, because that's what Christ would do. As his follower I WILL have compassion. I had so much anger at first, when the verdict was read (and wouldn't the Lord see that as a sin as well?)  This young woman still has a chance to enter the gates of Heaven, but with millions turned against her (including Christians...and I was one of them) it seems impossible. If we have compassion for Casey Anthony and forgive her of the sin we think she has committed, and treat her the way Christ would, she has a chance to turn her life around; to live forever in God's kingdom, and as hard as it might seem, WE have to make the first steps towards love and forgiveness.

http://www.ragamuffinsoul.com/2011/07/casey/

2 comments:

  1. It is a Buddhist perspective as well:

    http://www.cit-sakti.com/peace/peace-working-for-peace.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the link! :-)

    ReplyDelete