Monday, January 23, 2012

Birthday Fun


     Made a trip to Gatlinburg for Noah's 2nd birthday. This is a picture of me and my angel in front of the shark tank at Ripley's Aquarium. I can't say enough how much fun we all had that weekend. But, the highlight of my week was all of us cuddled up in bed together Saturday night. That was the first time Noah had ever slept in the same bed as us. From the first day we brought him home he either slept in his pack n play or his crib. So, this was a big step for us all...and I LOVED it! It was so nice to be able to reach over and play with his hair or snuggle with him...to be perfectly honest, I haven't slept that well in a long time. *smile*  
     The first word out of Bug's mouth Sunday morning was, "SIS!"  He then started getting upset and said "home...sis!" Caleb asked him if he wanted to do some more fun stuff in Tennessee and he passionately shook his head NO. Again, he shouted "SISSY!!!"  Caleb said, "Do you miss Sis, buddy?"  He said "yes, Dad...wanna see sis!"  So, we ended up stopping at Bass Pro for a few minutes (a must for our family, lol) and then headed straight back to Craig to pick her up. It was so sweet when they saw each other again because Hales looked at Noah and shouted "BRUBBA!!!" and covered him in kisses. They sat there hugging each other for the longest time and I seriously almost cried. Have I mentioned that I have the sweetest kids in the whole wide world? 
     So, now it's back to the daily grind. Praising God for the warmer weather this week. Taking the kids for a walk tomorrow, visiting with my grandparents on Wednesday, and possibly getting together with some more of my Mom friends on Thursday or Friday. Can't believe all the ways God continues to bless me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment