Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Emotions Equal Confusion



"Women are made to be loved, not understood."

~Oscar Wilde~


     The quote describes my mood perfectly. I've been an emotional wreck today and I honestly have no clue why. But, I can explain it away with the oh so popular phrase, "I'm a girl!"  In other words, sometimes our emotions gather together and take on a life of their own, getting in the way of our true selves. It's on days like these that I have to constantly remind myself that God created me in HIS image. I am forced to live with sin, as it's impossible to escape while living outside of Heaven, but God loves me regardless. I feel so guilty when I start sobbing over what seems to be nothing, but through constant prayer, I've begun to learn that the "nothing" I feel is actually "something"; simply that I haven't quite discovered what lies behind it. So, tonight I'm praying that God will work through me to use these emotions in a positive way. Sometimes when I get overly emotional I snap at my husband, my kids, friends etc...and that makes me feel even worse. I want to be the loving, joyful woman God created me to be...and with His help, I know that I can be. Life on this Earth can be so tough sometimes; not to mention confusing, haha. :-)  I know this was a pretty random post but it was on my heart. Writing really has a way of lifting my spirits. Praying that each of you has a blessed Wednesday. 



1 comment:

  1. Ahhh... this post spoke to me completely! This is soooo me and so often I have to remind myself as well that God gave me (through Him!) the ability to control these emotions!! Praying for you!

    Aleisha

    ReplyDelete