Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Haleigh Marie

     Took baby girl to the doctor today for her 9 month checkup. Needless to say, it went wonderfully. She has gained two pounds (now weighing in at 15 pounds) since her last visit and is two inches longer (26 inches).    I couldn't get over it, but while we were there, Haleigh kept mimicking almost everything the doctor was saying. He would say a phrase and then she would try her best to repeat it. He looked at me and said that Haleigh was one of most advanced babies he had seen. Which, of course, brought a huge smile to my face. And then, on top of that, he said, and I quote "Don't be going and trading in this Mama for a new Mama. She is doing a great job with you!"  I almost started crying at the compliment. I'm not good at many things but being a Mommy to my babies is something I have never had a problem excelling at. They are just so darn cute...and I love them so much.  And of course, we ended our visit with a shot, but Halebop handled it like a champ, only crying for a few minutes. I figure she has to be tough to keep up with her big brother. :-)  
    Speaking of brother, Noah is doing very well, too. We are currently working on getting him to use "please and thank you" instead of fussing or whining to get his way. He actually is doing quite well with it, too. Just this morning he said, "milk peaze" (milk, please). I love that he is talking in sentences...it makes life so much easier these days. And last night, Caleb had forgotten to shave his face the night before so he had a bit of scruff...well, he went to kiss Noah Bug goodnight and Noah started laughing. Caleb asked him what was wrong and he said, "Itches, Dada!" and pointed to his chin. That kid cracks me up. I can't imagine life without my two precious babies. 
     Anyways, I'm going to get off of here now. I'm going to relax for a few minutes while the kids are down for their naps. Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment