Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My New Years Resolution

   
Romans 12:12 


"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."


 PATIENT    The verse above is the one I've chosen  as my verse of the year. I got the idea from a blogger friend over at To Show Them Jesus. I have spent the last year worrying constantly over every little thing and relying on myself when I should have been putting all faith and trust in God.  It's only been during the past month that I've immediately turned to face Christ when problems arise and I can promise you that life has been made easier because of it. Not that life is ever really easy this side of Heaven, but knowing that I have God guiding me in working out my problems takes the weight off my shoulders and the worry out of my heart. 
 JOYFUL...as I begin this year I will have joy in knowing that God is leading me where I should go. I will follow in His footsteps and TRUST Him with relationships, finances, struggles of parenting and so much more. I will rely on Him throughout EVERY. SINGLE. SITUATION. This year will not be an easy one and I know that. We are quickly approaching the one year anniversary of my father in law's passing. I know this will be hard on so many people that I love, as well as myself. I find myself praying daily that God will work through me and provide me with the ability to comfort those around me. But also this year, we face many celebrations...Chuck is with Christ in Heaven. I smile as I typed those words. Although we miss him greatly, he is talking with Jesus, singing with angels, constantly praising God. What a place to live for eternity!!! I can't wait to walk through those pearly gates into the arms of Jesus and of all the loved ones who are already there with Him. Also this year, we celebrate the birth of our two precious babies. Noah turns two this month (January 21st) and baby Haleigh turns one on March 30th. Life passes by so quickly and I want to focus on having JOY throughout the upcoming year. Instead of focusing on the negatives, I want my approach to be glass half FULL.
FAITHFUL   This is probably the most difficult one for me. I always seem to find reasons for being too busy to study my bible and converse with my Savior. And in reality, I have more than enough time to devote to strengthening my walk. This year I want to pray diligently and earnestly seek the Lord. In doing this, I know that I will be greatly rewarded. 

3 comments:

  1. This a wonderful verse for the year! So full of truth. May He richly bless you with grace as you pursue Him this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I love your background!

    ReplyDelete