Saturday, January 14, 2012

Noah Bug

     Woke up this morning feeling so blessed by the Holy Spirit. Spent the morning playing with my kids enjoying the reminders from God that He is my amazing creator; the beauty of the sun shining through our window warming my skin, the sounds of giggles echoing throughout our home, and the joy in knowing that my husband is blessed to have the weekends off.  I just want to shout it to the rooftops that my God is everything...and without Him, I am nothing. 
     This morning we are off to Pet Smart to buy Noah Bug his very first pet...a FISH! He has fallen in love with them almost as much as he has "choos" and we think this is a great first step in teaching him responsibility. He will be responsible for feeding his fishy and will get to help Mommy and Daddy clean the fish bowl. This is one of his birthday gifts as today we are having a birthday party for him (the first party this week...he has another one Friday-talked about BLESSED). All morning long he keeps asking about his "peasants" (presents) and it is the most adorable thing ever.
      I spend today remembering the week before giving birth to our first; the nervousness and excitement that came during that period of waiting. The preparation that went into making sure all the details were finished, the bags were packed, and begging my midwife to go ahead and induce me. She refused saying that the longer the baby was in my belly, the better, so I waited until January 20th when I went in to be induced. They started me on pitossin around noon that day and I labored until 2pm when they broke my water. I had hard contractions until around 5pm when they gave me my first epidural (talk about HEAVEN) and labored until 9pm when my epidural wore off. I then spent the next three hours in complete misery as my contractions were coming every two minutes and extremely painful...a feeling I will never forget. I knew something was wrong because after laboring for 12 hours I still hadn't dialated past 3 1/2 centimeters, so my midwife ordered an emergency c-section. My son entered this world at 1:57am on January 21st, 2010...and my life hasn't been the same since. *big grin*  I can't imagine life before my little Bug and as I spend my days keeping up with him and his baby sister (a gift born to us only 13 1/2 months after her brother made his appearance) I am continuously reminded of the love of Christ! 
   

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your little guy! A fish will be so much fun! Every birthday for my kids I also think back to when they were born. Hard to forget:) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete