Friday, May 20, 2011

Getting Crafty

      I've had the idea in my head for quite some time how I wanted to decorate the nursery when we moved into our new place. I had decided to get the big letters N and H to hang above Noah and Haleigh's cribs. Becca and I went to Michael's today (seriously the greatest store EVER) and I ended up going a bit overboard, lol. But even so, I only spent $20 on 4 containers of acrylic paint, the letters, paintbrushes, super glue, wooden shapes to decorate the letters with, and sponge brushes. So seriously, twenty bucks was an awesome deal. I couldn't wait to get started on them when we got home and I managed to hold myself back until after the babies went to bed. I don't want to brag on myself, but I think they turned out to be pretty awesome. In fact, I like them so much I think this may be my new hobby; painting. Anyways, I took a few pictures but I will just post ones of the finished project! (My next idea is to buy wooden frames, paint and decorate them, and find cute ribbon to hang them with...these will go beside the letters....one on each side) SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment