Friday, May 27, 2011

Tomorrow is the Big Day

     Well...the moment we've been waiting for, for months has FINALLY arrived. But with it comes mixed emotions. I am so thankful to God for providing our family with a bigger home (with lots more space) and providing for us financially. The kids will have their own room and I cannot wait to get started on decorating, lol. We seriously went "window shopping" today to pick out all new decorations including lamps, curtains, bedding etc. I'm totally going overboard and I love the fact that God has provided the funds for us to do so. :-)  There are so many positives that come with this move, and only a couple negatives.
     For starters, this is going to be a very hard move on Caleb and I because this is where we started our lives together. This was the place he carried me over the thresh hold when we got back from our honeymoon. This is where we came and ate cake and celebrated with family and friends after graduating from college. Here is where we brought home our little Noah Bug and our newest member of the family...baby  Halebop. It makes my heart ache to leave this place we've called home for so long. And then, the move also comes with having to say goodbye to my best friend. She is moving a few hours away and I'm going to miss her and her little munchkins like crazy...(love you Becca with all my heart).  But, I've already told her that I might have some "splainin" to do when hubby discovers $100 in gas has been charged to the credit card...on all the days I decide to up and drive to Richmond while he is away at work. *giggle*  No, but in all seriousness, this is SOOOOO hard.
      I have had my moments where I've just weeped because I've felt so overwhelmed and sad but those are becoming few and far between. Instead of focusing my energy on being sad, I've started to thank God for this rough moment in my life. Yes, I feel like my friend will be really far away, but through this, I know He is preparing my mind, body and soul for something greater to come. This is His will and I accept that with my whole being...God will never give me more than I can handle and for that I'm grateful. I pray that He uses this experience in my life to somehow be an example to others. That, yes, there are moments in this life which are painfully difficult, but our lives aren't mean to be happy, but holy. When I take my final breath, I want to know with my whole heart that I looked at every situation as an opportunity the Lord could use in my life. God bless you all.
    The next post I write will be from our new home...with pictures to follow.
Friends for Life
Brothers and Sisters in Christ

2 comments:

  1. hope that your moving day goes well, and that you are able to make lots of visits to Richmond. I know it's rough losing a friend (well, not losing...but you know what I mean). :) Praying for your family during the move, AND your friend's family as they make the move to Richmond!

    ReplyDelete