Friday, December 24, 2010

Family and Fun

     I will be without internet for a couple of days as we are spending the entire Christmas holiday in New Castle this year. Here in about an hour we are loading up the car with gifts for family, Noah's already opened Christmas presents, diaper bag, pack and play, and a couple of days worth of clothes (geez...sometimes I feel like when I became a Mom a moving van was required for any overnight trips, lol...the amount of stuff we need for just a couple of days is incredible). We are stopping by Caleb's parent's first and doing Christmas there...and ohhhhh, I am oh so excited to see Noah ripping into those presents once again, lol. Then, we are driving to my parents house and spending the next couple of nights with them...and how sweet my dear parents are. Because I'm pregnant they offered to let us sleep in their bed and they are going to use the air mattress. They said they didn't want their pregnant little girl to have to deal with climbing up out of floor in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom (and oh my goodness, I seriously spend half the night peeing, lol...it's ridiculous!!! :-) ) I am just so truly blessed to have such an amazing family...makes my heart melt everytime I think about it.
     Christmas day is always super busy, but since we aren't having to make the drive from Salem, that's going to make the day quite a bit easier. When we wake up we will do Christmas with my parents (aka Nana and Papa)...and they seriously went overboard this year. I guess that can be expected with the first grandchild, though, lol. I can just about guess that most of those packages contain trucks, tractors, and all kinds of things my little Noah is going to love. After we finish there, we head to my Mom's parents (Granny and Papa Jones) and yet again, open more gifts. And they bought a ton of stuff too, because Noah is their first great grandchild...and he is in need of more spoiling! *grin*  After our few hours there, we head to my Dad's parents and have Christmas at the Spitzer's...each stop along the way just continues to remind me how much we are all so loved., and how God has blessed us with a wonderful network of family. At this point, we would normally drive back home, but my parents offered to let us stay again tomorrow night because on Sunday we are doing Christmas with my stepdad's family...the Scotts!
     We always play "Dirty Santa" which is SO MUCH FUN. Each person buys one gift and wraps it. Then, we sit all the presents in the floor and draw to see the order each person goes. Starting with number 1, they pick their package and open it...then number 2 goes and they can either steal the present away from whoever just went, or choose another package. And so the game continues until the last person remains...and it's best to go last because then you have the option to steal from everyone!!! I'm hoping for a high number this year, lol. Then, after the festivities are over, it's back home to start another work week and I'm sure we will all be exhausted from our weekend of fun! :-)
     Merry Christmas to all of my wonderful friends and family! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment