Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Times Gone By

     Here we are again...the Christmas season. It seems like yesterday I was anxiously awaiting on our little boy to arrive, just knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt he would be grace us with his presence within a week or two. But, he was very content in his Mommy's belly so he chose not to come for another six weeks; that's right, I was almost 41 weeks pregnant when I had to have my emergency c-section...because the little booger refused to come out, haha. 
     I can't believe our little one is almost a year old. It seems strange to be planning a birthday party already, but here I am, making a guest list, shopping for decorations and gifts, and doing my best to hold my composure through it all. I will admit there have been moments when I've felt like breaking down and sobbing (and have admittedly done so a few times along the way). I just get so overwhelmed at times when I look at my angel's face knowing that only a few short months ago I held him in my arms for the first time...but now, I can barely keep up with him as he squirms away while I change a diaper, or in the middle of his new favorite game "let's see how fast these new legs can outrun Mommy". Yes, it's true. My little boy is growing up and it's hard for this Mom to admit. But I am so thankful to the Lord for our precious gift and I thank Him each day for bringing us our babbling, bubbly, baby boy. I know that growing up is what comes with parenting and I can't wait to see who he turns into. Each day is such an adventure, never knowing what he will do or say next...but one thing I know for sure, that kid has a personality like no other! :-) 
     Enough with the tugging at the heart strings for now. I did want to announce that we've decided to go with a John Deere theme for little man's birthday and I am SO excited about it, lol. It's going to be awesome seeing that room decorated in yellow and green, with tractors all over the place. I, as always, will take a ton of pictures. 
     Oh, and can you believe we already have the majority of our Christmas shopping finished...and it's only the first week of December?  Normally we wait until the last minute but this year we had everything taken care of early...and I couldn't be happier. There is just something so magical about coming home and seeing that beautiful tree lit up with "not so neatly" wrapped gifts under the tree. And Noah and I are going to work on making a "Happy Birthday Jesus" banner to hang beside the tree this weekend...because we are teaching him that the reason for a tree, gifts and such are to celebrate the birth of our Savior. God be with you during the Christmas season...have a blessed day! :-)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment