Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Made Me Think

     I was in the car this afternoon heading back from my friend Becca's house when I had the most wonderful experience. I was passing by a local school in our area, which was having early release today. The traffic guard stopped me and indicated I should roll down my window, which I did. She proceeded to give me directions saying that I would need to drive in the opposite lane in order to avoid the long line of cars waiting to pick up their children. At that moment, an oncoming vehicle was approaching and I can't even begin to tell you how this woman began to apologize over and over...saying that she was sorry that there was so much traffic and that I had to wait. I looked up at her and smiled and said I wasn't in any hurry...it wasn't a big deal for me to have to wait; just that my son and I were on our way back home and were enjoying the drive together. She looked at me with the strangest look on her face and said, "you are the first person who has said they weren't in a hurry...everyone here wants to be first...it's all about me, me, me!"  I just smiled and told her to have a nice day and drove on...but MY GOODNESS, it really got me to thinking.  Everyone is in such a hurry these days...and the closer it gets to Christmas, the ruder people seem to get. Just last night my husband and I were out running errands and I put Noah down so that he could walk around. Well, out of  nowhere this man runs straight into him and doesn't say a word...even when Noah started to cry. He just kept walking...didn't stop to apologize or anything; I guess it just amazes me at how rude people can be at times.
     I've been doing my best to remember the reason for the season...it's not about exhanging gifts or decorating Christmas trees...it's about GOD'S AMAZING SACRIFICE OF HIS SON!!! We should be celebrating the birth of Christ and remembing the reason for why He was born...not knocking down small children without apologizing, not shoving people out of the way at Walmart in hopes you'll get a better deal by being first in line...NO NO NO! Grrr, it just upsets me more than anything. I mean, a woman was actually apologizing to me this morning because she was worried I would have to wait behind a line of cars. SERIOUSLY? It just really shocked me...I didn't mind waiting. I have my salvation, an amazing husband and child, and another one on the way. God has just blessed me in so many ways I can't stand the thought of not giving Him the glory during this holiday season.
     But yes, sorry for my little rant, I just wanted to take a moment to share that. These will be my final words on this subject...even if you are in a rush and you are caught up in the stress of the holiday season, please try to remember that it never hurts to give someone a smile...afterall, "some have entertained angels unawares!" (Hebrews 13;2)
     But yes, as I mentioned in the very beginning of this post, I spent the morning with my friend Becca and her two wonderful kids. Noah always has such a great time over there...especially now that he can run and keep up with her oldest one. Not to mention, it wears him out so when we get home he takes an awesome nap...*grin*. We let the kids open their Christmas presents today, which was really fun. Noah got this cute little magnet that makes noise by placing the front and back half of animals in it...if you get it right, it sings a happy little song, but even if there is a wrong match there is an inspiring little voice that so sweetly corrects you and tells you to try again....my, how I wish everyone was as polite as the voices which appear from all of my child's toys. :-)  (Thanks again for that...he absolutely loves it...as do I).
     Well, if you can believe it, I've actually run out of things to say! That rarely happens, haha. But, I think I'm going to sit down and watch a movie until my little one decides he is finished napping. Have a blessed day and remember....JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment