Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Feels Good to be Back

     Today was my first day back at the Y in almost two weeks and I can't even begin to explain how good it felt to walk through those doors again. As strange as it may sound, it's very comforting to be there; getting in a good workout is such a major stress reliever, and noting the obvious, the better your health is the better you feel. I really didn't watch my calories at all over the Christmas holiday because there was just SO MUCH GOOD FOOD! *grin*  That's what happens when you have a big family who loves to cook. So yeah, there were many sweets to be eaten and I was just the person for it. Stepping back on the scale this morning for the first time in two weeks wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, though...I had gained 2 pounds. Which puts my grand total of pregnancy weight gain at 6 pounds...so, I'm pretty happy with that number. I don't know how I've managed to keep such good track of my weight, but I'm pretty sure the majority of it has to do with my love of the YMCA. Everyone there is just so nice and encouraging and it makes me feel happy to have such a support system. Speaking of support, my greatest one is my best friend Rebecca. :-)  She is such an encouragement to me and even when I have days when I feel too tired to go, there she is texting me at just the right moment to invite me to workout or get together for a playdate. (Thanks girl...you mean the world to me!)  God is so good to have sent me such amazing friends.
     So, thus ends the sweets splurge and so continues the "doing my best to eat healthy" moment. I just want to keep my chances at their highest for being able to go into labor on my own. I've worked so hard to keep this baby healthy and to keep myself in good shape. I had an awesome Christmas and it was so much fun, but now it's time to get back into my normal routine. And speaking of that, I've only got 10-13 weeks left to go...that's definitely not much at all. So yeah, I'm starting to get all jittery and excited...I can't believe my baby girl is going to be here soon. *smile* 
     Well, it's off to do housework before little Noah Whately wakes up from his nap! Have a blessed day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment