Thursday, March 10, 2011

Is Nowhere Safe Anymore?

     I woke up this morning with horrible leg cramps which would not go away. Since it had finally stopped raining I decided I would take Noah Bug for a walk; the fresh air makes him sleepy and sometimes walking helps take the pain away. Well, this morning it started to drizzle halfway through our walk, so we decided to head back home early. When we got back to the car I buckled Noah into his carseat and started the car...his DVD player wasn't working but I decided to put the stroller in the car first and then fix the DVD player. I was loading the stroller into the car when this bright yellow truck pulled in right beside me...which I didn't think anything of, because it was raining and I figured whoever it was wanted to be as close to the trail as possible. I got the stroller loaded and walked around to the driver's side door (thinking I would need to unplug and replug the cord to the DVD player). As I was doing this I noticed this old creepy man and his dog standing right in front of my car...yet again, there were red flags going up but I didn't think anything of it. Honestly, I was thinking he was just letting his dog search for a spot to pee or something...and dogs are weird when choosing where to go to the bathroom, lol. Noah's DVD started up but it went to the main menu...I couldn't figure out how to get it to play from the front seat so I opened my door and jumped in the back with Noah...this is when things started to get really weird. The guy ran over to the open car door and stared in at me and Noah (I had already pushed play and was already getting out of the back by the time he made it over to where I was). It really freaked me out b/c he kept getting closer...and when I say close I mean, he was less than two feet away from me as I was stepping out of the car. I slammed the door, jumped in the front seat, and locked the doors. Then, I backed up really fast because I was totally freaking out by this point....well, HE jumped in his truck and started to follow me. The first thing I remembered Caleb always telling me was to not drive home, but go somewhere with people. So, I headed towards Starbucks thinking that there were always a lot of people there. I actually ended up losing him because, thank God, a couple of trucks pulled in behind me and blocked his view of where I was....and another vehicle that looked similar to mine pulled into the lane beside mine. So yeah, he didn't even follow me onto main street which was great...but still, I went to Starbucks and got a coffee and tried to calm down. Noah was getting sleepy so he was in a pretty good mood and his smiles helped me to relax. After I waited a while, we drove home and no sign of the creep anywhere...praise God. And maybe I was being paranoid, but I don't think so. I got a very weird feeling and normally I only get those instinctual urges when there's something to it. So yeah...thanks for listening to my rant this morning. It makes me feel better to just get it off my chest. The adrenaline is already starting to wear off now that I'm back at home safe and sound. Me and Noah are just going to have to find somewhere new to walk...a place with more people perhaps! :-) 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Raquel! This immediately makes me think of all the horrible things we hear in the news about pregnant woman as targets! Im Praising God RIGHT NOW that HE held you safe! That you had the clarity of thought to do the things you did. My heart is pounding thinking of this situation and how mad it makes me that things like this happen! So glad youre safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me madder than anything...grrr. I seriously don't know WHY people have to be so creepy and weird. :-( But, God was watching over us and I'm so thankful that things turned out well.

    ReplyDelete