Friday, March 4, 2011

Starbucks is my Friend

     So, yes, another sleepless night....*sighs*  I do wonder how I'm going to be prepared for Haleigh when she gets here when I don't sleep now as it is. I'm supposed to be resting and getting in naps. HA HA HA...that's hilarious. At least my doctor understands that is an impossible thing to do when chasing after a toddler...and Praise the Lord she gets it, because if she didn't, I might well be checking myself into the looney bin. *grin*  Dr. Clapp has been an amazing support during this pregnancy...I am so thankful to have an OB/GYN that truly cares about not only the baby, but me too. 
     At my last visit, she asked how I had been doing and I admitted it had been a rough couple of weeks. I explained that my Father in Law had passed away and my husband and I had been dealing with that...so it was no surprise when I stepped on the scale and had gained 3 lbs in two weeks. Bleh. She talked about it with us, making sure Caleb and I were both ok, and even patted my arm the whole time she was discussing it with us. I found out she is a Christian (another bonus) because during the conversation she kept telling us he is in a better place and that as hard as it is to be happy, we should try our best to....knowing that he is better off than we are, lol. It was such an uplifting experience. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor to deliver our baby girl. 
     Anyways, back to the "zombie" kick. I've decided that I'm going to make Starbucks one of my top friends. When I'm at my lowest, starving for sleep, and unable to reach the point of waking fully from a zombie like stupor, Starbucks to the rescue. One iced vanilla latte and I'm zapped back to life....heeheehee. Thank God I only have to utilize this technique once every couple of weeks...to ensure that it continues to work this well, I force myself to go long periods without it...which is probably a good thing since I'm preggers. My favorite thing to drink is water and I've grown to love milk as well...but only 2% because whole milk makes me want to gag....ewwww. So, yeah, that's my little blip of the day. Enjoy your weekends everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment