Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Day of Holy Terror

    
 That's right, blog family...incase you didn't know it, today is the day of holy terror...at least in my house! *grin*  Our beautiful little boy who for the past seven months has been practically immobile, has learned to cause chaos with his actions. Although he isn't "crawling, crawling" he is scooting. As in, baby proofing is a must...if he sees something that he wants, he can and will absolutely find a way to reach it. Example...we have an entertainment center with closed cabinets which is where we keep all of his DVDs. He knows this, so yesterday, he scooted on over from his room to the living room and proceeded to open the doors like he had done it every day for his entire life...but no, that didn't satisfy the little booger; he then decides to pull out EVERY SINGLE DVD in  the cabinet...but it didn't stop there....he then drooled and chewed on EVERY SINGLE DVD...as his astonished Mother sat there and watched, complete with wide eyes and chin dropped to the floor. I just can't believe how fast this kid is growing up on me. 
     Then, his other favorite thing to do is climb....climb, climb, climb on everything. You would think after getting bumps and bruises that would dissuade him from this, but I'm seriously starting to think it is what drives him to press on with his jungle gym antics. *sighs*  I definitely have to keep my eyes on him every second now....but, I must say, I truly enjoy this stage of childhood. I can see his personality blossom more with each passing day; he is so excited about everything this world has to offer. I'm so proud to be his mommy, and I know that God is making me stronger by giving me a child on the verge of walking while simultaneously blessing me with a new life to carry. God is so good and I'm eternally thankful to Him for my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment