Sunday, August 22, 2010

Uplifted

     
Today was another uplifting service at church. The Pastor preached on the story of the lady who had been "bent over" for 18 years, but Jesus made her walk straight. The first thing she did was raise her hands and praise the Lord for taking away her demons that had caused this binding and debilitating condition. The preacher challenged us to ignore the people around us and raise our hands to the skies...reaching towards the Heavens and praising God for all his wonderful works. This was my first time doing that, believe it or not, and I felt so moved by the Holy Spirit...the Lord is truly working in that congregation. Not to mention, there is clapping, and beautiful music and instruments (I even heard the cow bell being played this morning...it made me smile because normally I don't hear that instrument during services)...I really feel so uplifted there. This morning's service brought tears to my eyes which is what happens to me when I feel God so close to me...working through me. I am so truly thankful for my salvation and I am open to whatever the Lord has in store for me and my family. Peace be with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment