Friday, August 19, 2011

SLEEEPPPP!!!

      So yes, I'm going to whine a bit. What is it with Noah wanting to get up at 6am EVERY SINGLE MORNING? Before Haleigh was born, that kid would sleep until 8:30 or 9:00 most days, which was great because even though I rarely slept that late, it gave me a ton of time in the mornings to get things ready...fixing his breakfast, doing laundry, cleaning. But now, even though Hales sleeps later than he does most mornings, he still wants to be up super early.
       This is just how sleep deprived I am. Yesterday evening we were supposed to head over to Craig to have dinner with my grandparents and get my Dad's internet hooked up. Well, what should have taken 30 minutes took over two hours (due to the insane back up of traffic caused by blasting up near Christiansburg yesterday). We finally get to their house and I put Noah in his high chair. For some odd reason, the kid started freaking out, kicked the tray off, along with his plate, and started screaming at the top of his lungs. After having to listen to Hales scream for two hours while we were stuck in traffic, Noah having his breakdown, and me being totally sleep deprived, I just broke down. I started bawling in front of everyone (totally, embarassing, by the way) and had to explain to my Granny Spitzer that I was having a rough week. She was so sweet and gave me a hug and told me she understood. It was nice to have that...it made me feel so much better.
       Well, after we finished dinner we left and went across the road to my Dad's house to hook up his internet. Again, what should have taken a short amount of time resulted in us leaving there around 9:00. The kid's bedtime is at 8:00. So, we finally had them bathed and in bed by around 9:45 or so...and then I couldn't get to sleep until after 1:30 (and ended up having to take a melatonin). I guess I was so on edge from everything that I kept tossing and turning...I had way too much on my mind. But, the melatonin helped and I was finally able to fall asleep...but not for long because Noah woke me up right before 6am. I sure will be glad when he gets over this stage where he screams until I go into get him in the mornings...it's downright exhausting.
        Sorry if I came across as being negative. I'm just so tired and I know that after some yummy coffee I will perk up. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment