Monday, July 12, 2010

When It Rains It Pours

My Best Friend,
   I do believe the rain is quite fitting today. :-)  Happy Anniversary Caleb...I love you so much. I know today has been rough...not exactly the way we had planned out our 2 year anniversary, huh? It makes me smile, though...because I think we both know too well by now that plans never seem to go quite the way we would like them to, but that's all right. God has a reason for it all. I can't tell you the number of times I've found myself thanking God for unanswered prayers...not knowing until much later what the reason for it all was. *smile*  As I sulked earlier about you having to be gone to fix the flat tire that so magically HAD to appear on THIS day of all days, I regret that. I am sorry...it stinks you have to be gone right now, but I praise God that it didn't go flat on our way back home or at at more inopportune time. I love you!  I am very much looking forward to going to Red Lobster with you as soon as you get home tonight...and taking our sweet Noah Bug with us!  Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!
Love,
Raquel

Here is a poem I found in my "Coffee Break With God" book. I thought it fit today quite well.

There once was an oyster whose story I tell,
Who found that sand had got under his shell;
Just one little grain, but it gave him much pain,
For oysters have feelings although they're so plain.
Now, did he berate the working of Fate,
Which had led him to such a deplorable state?
Did he curse out the government, call for an election?
No, as he lay on the shelf, he said to himself.
"If I cannot remove it, I'll try to improve it."
So the years rolled by as the years always do,
And he came to his ultimate destiny-stew.
And this small grain of sand which had bothered him so,
Was a beautiful pearl, all richly aglow.
Now this tale has a moral-for isn't it grand
What an oyster can do with a morsel of sand? 
What couldn't we do if we'd only begin
With all of the things that get under our skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment