Saturday, July 24, 2010

My First "Real" Sign of Being Preggers

     Caleb and I had an absolutely WONDERFUL day today. We went to a wedding of one of Caleb's coworkers...and it was incredible. We left Noah with his grandparents and literally got to spend an entire afternoon kid-free!  I am getting to know many of Caleb's friends (and their girlfriends) and it has just been so incredibly uplifting for me. Think about it...I spend my days "talking"  to my six month old....and so it makes it more than difficult to hold an average "adult" conversation!  But today, I was SO proud of myself...I mingled, even though I am incredibly shy, got to meet tons of people, and didn't even use any words like potty or "baby talk" ALL EVENING!  It was a true success. Not to mention, my bestest friend Rebecca was there...and she makes any occasion wonderful. She has such a pure heart and is on fire for Christ...love her to pieces!  :-) She's such a good influence on me and my family!  Here are some pictures of us at the wedding today...the calm before the storm! :-)


ME AND BECCA ALL DRESSED UP FOR THE WEDDING!




















MY BEST FRIEND!!! LOVE YOU HUBBY!


















BECCA AND HER HUBBY SAM!!! :-)
























FAMILY PICTURE BEFORE THE WEDDING!




     














     So, that was the calm before the storm. Anyways, as I already said, I had the happiest most uplifting days I've had in a LONG time...until we got home. Caleb suggested we take a ride with Noah Bug up to Replay so he could buy a new video game. I was happy and bubbly so I was like "sure!"  Well, all that goes great...ended up with a PS3 Network Card, which Caleb was happy with....but then I decided to suggest we go to Scott and Ellie's for a milkshake. Well, we go...BIG MISTAKE!  They made my shake with soft serve instead of hand dipped....and my pregnancy hormones kicked into HIGH GEAR. I literally broke down into tears, which I can laugh at now that it's all over with...but oh my goodness, it was terrible. I had forgotten quite how emotional I was during pregnancy. It's just been so different with this one, though...I haven't had any morning sickness but I have been way more exhausted and apparently a lot more emotional. But, anyways, my amazing husband went back in and asked if we could get hand dipped...which they apparently don't do anymore....so he just had them add fresh strawberries to it...needless to say, when all was said and done, we had two strawberry milkshakes, and I was over my craving. 


IN ADVANCE: I LOVE YOU CALEB! Please forgive me for all the tears that are bound to come with this pregnancy...it's ok to laugh inside at my silliness...just not out loud! *grin*  Thanks for being the best hubby and daddy anyone could ever ask for! XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment