Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Brave Little Babies

     Took Hales to her 6 month check up today. She, in the doctor's words "is growing beautifully!"  Always something us parents LOVE to hear. She weighed in at almost 15 lbs and is 25 1/2 inches long. The only issue was that she has developed thrush, something very common in babies, apparently. The doctor said if it wasn't bothering her eating then we should boil her bottles, nipples and pacifiers every night, and keep her pre-made bottles in the refrigerator...to keep the yeast from growing. It should clear up in a week, two at most. But please pray for Haleigh and that this will go away quickly. Even though it doesn't bother her most of the time, sometimes when she sucks to eat, I can tell it causes her some pain. 
     She did very well with her shots today and only cried for a few minutes afterwards...my little brave girl. Noah also got a shot today (flu shot) and my big boy didn't cry at all. Quite the little hero, haha. I'm guessing that's why Bop handled them so well...she saw her tough brother handle it like a champ before she had to get hers. There are advantages to having two kids. *grin*  
     Anyways, it's off of here now to relax. It's been a long day and I'm looking forward to the start of a new one! Which I am sure will begin BRIGHT AND EARLY, as always. Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment