Saturday, May 8, 2010

Always Look To the Eternal

     Well, hubby's job is offering overtime over the next two weeks so disability services can catch up on all the cases they have in their backlog. What this means for me? OVERTIME...and a ton of it! Well, he is working today 7am-noon and is off tomorrow for Mother's Day (YAAAAYYYY!!!!! only 1 day left)...then, he works 7am-7pm M-F of this upcoming week, Saturday and Sunday of next weekend and 7am-5:30pm the week after next. It's going to be really hard on me because there will be some days that I will only be able to see him for a couple of hours each day...and that just makes me sad! :-(  I know we will get through it and we'll have a ton of extra money (enough to go on an awesome vacation for our 2nd anniversary in July!!!! so I'm not going to complain too much, lol) but still...I love my hubby so much, I hate it when he's away. But anyways, that's my little complain moment for the day.
     Today is pretty much devoted to rushing to finish up Mother's Day stuff for our Moms. The picture at the top of my blog of Noah's feet is the one we're going to use for the project...we're putting this picture along with Noah's actual footprints (dipping his feet in paint and placing them on paper) and putting it in a frame beside the photograph of his tootsies. :-)  Then, we'll probably buy hanging baskets or something like that as well, since both of our Moms are obsessed with plants, lol...but yeah, it should be a nice Mother's Day. We're going to church with my parents in the morning and then heading to my Granny Jones' for a get together with my Mom's side of the family. Then, probably heading up to Caleb's parents afterwards...I LOVE spending time with family...and I know I probably sound really selfish when I say this, but I was really hoping for just a couple of hours to spend with just my family on Mother's Day...you know? Just me, Caleb and Noah...I've never been a Mom before and I kind of want to start traditions with my own family...time probably won't allow and it's really not a huge deal, but I'm so sentimental when it comes to stuff like traditions.....we'll see how it works out i guess! :-)
     I hope that each of you has a wonderful Mother's Day weekend...enjoy the precious moments with your own mothers or with your children. Time on this Earth is fleeting and as Steph said at the Mother/Daughter banquet last night, "we need to always look and focus on the eternal for there is a time to live and a time to die!"  Enjoy each moment to the fullest and never forget Phillipians 4;13..."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"

2 comments:

  1. Those footsies! They're so cute!
    I can't wait till I can get back down there and see Noah...I have months to catch up on in corrupting your child! ;-)

    Maybe next year you can set aside a day near Mother's Day for just you, Caleb, and Noah and another day celebrate with family. Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erica! :-) I can't wait for you to corrupt baby Noah...that's always fun, lol! And that's a good idea about next year...I think we'll do that! Plus, it gives us an entire year to plan on it!

    ReplyDelete