Monday, May 24, 2010

Appointment Went Well

     Noah's checkup went really well...much better than what  I thought it would. :-)  He weighs 14 lbs 14 oz...so you can pretty much say 15 lbs now!  He is 24.5 inches long and his head circumference is 16 inches! I just can't believe how quickly he is growing. The doctor told us that when he goes back in July (which will be his 6 month visit) we can start feeding him "table food"!  He doesn't think very fondly of the baby food that you buy at the store, because "green beans shouldn't look like soup!"  I tend to agree *laughs*. So, that will be fun. The first part of the visit is always fun and Noah always does such an awesome job. Then, of course, we had to deal with the not so fun stuff, too....SHOTS! Let me just say, it ALWAYS breaks my heart to see those tears well up in my baby's eyes and to hear that heart breaking cry when they stick him. I picked him up and held him as soon as it was over....just kept whispering to him, "It's ok, sweet boy! It's all over with now and you did SUCH A GREAT JOB!  You're so brave!" He calmed down really quickly and was asleep by the time I was strapping him into his carseat. *sighs* He woke up long enough to tell his Nana goodbye when we got back home and then went back to sleep...and is still asleep now! I'm kind of glad actually, because I'm hoping he will sleep off a lot of the soreness and then when he wakes up I'm going to give him a bath, some more Tylenol, and then it won't be too long before bedtime! I just want to thank you all for your prayers today...they mean so much to our family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment