Saturday, May 1, 2010

Heaven On Earth...

     Yes...that is exactly what today felt like. The day was absolutely gorgeous...the perfect temperature, a relaxing breeze, sunshine all around  *sighs* and getting to spend it with my wonderful husband and perfect little boy. It's on days like this that I can somewhat imagine what Heaven will be like...and the weird thing is, this is not even anywhere close, lol! :-)  Isn't that just one of the best feelings ever??? Our absolute best days spent here on Earth will in no way compare to our time in Heaven!  WOW....that thought is sometimes the only thing that keeps me going when I'm having a rough day/moment in my life!  :-)  God is so very good.
     But yes, we did have a wonderful time at the festival today. We started off the day by getting strawberry shortcakes at the strawberry festival and pairing it with a strawberry smoothie...YUMMY! :-) It was delicious. And then of course, we as parents have to make accomadations now when we go out...especially in this kind of heat...so we stopped frequently to rehydrate little Noah with water and give him a rest from the sunshine, as it was pretty warm today. One of my favorite moments is when we spread out our blanket at the park underneath the shade and just sat down and played with Noah...there we were...me, Caleb, and our precious little baby, the image I had always imagined when I thought about having kids, lol. And we just sat there and talked while we played with him and took turns feeding him and letting him have sips of our water! *sighs* God has truly blessed us in so many ways. He just giggled and giggled...just so happy to be there with us, enjoying the simple pleasures in life, like the warm breeze and having a mommy and daddy who love him. Since having him, I find myself noticing the smaller things I had really stopped noticing or paying much attention to since being a child myself...and I think that's one reason my perspective on life recently has been so much more positive and uplifting. Thank God for precious babies as they do make the world a much happier place, lol.
     Well, after we were done relaxing we headed over to the chili cookoff and tried like a ton of chilis. I ended up voting for News Channel 7's chili and Caleb voted for Red Hot Chili...but everything we tried was pretty much awesome....I did have trouble with a few of the more spicy ones, but that's just cuz I'm a weenie, lol! :-)  By this time we had been out in the heat for a few hours and Noah was looking a bit sweaty and hot so we decided to head home. But...even after a long, hot, exhausting day, our little guy didn't really cry once which we were both really thankful for!  We got home and watched Sherlock Holmes (which was awesome btw) and Caleb fed Noah cereal for the first time...which was precious, lol!  I don't know who had more on them at the end of it..Noah or hubby!  But Noah did much better this time...he actually managed to eat the majority of it, even though he still made quite the mess. It made us laugh so hard! :-)   I'm debating about which kind I'm going to buy at the grocery store this upcoming week...barley or something different, oh well, I will think about it!
     Anyways, not much else to write about tonight, just that I"m so very thankful to the Lord for all of my many blessings. And do please continue to pray for us that we will continue to be open to the Lord's will for us. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment