Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gettin' My Ballet On

     Or, maybe just going to SEE a ballet today, lol! My beautiful sister Rebekah is dancing in the ballet in Craig today so I am very much looking forward to seeing that. She always does such an amazing job and after the week I've had, it will be nice to get to do something relaxing and fun! Let's just hope Noah doesn't make TOO much noise during the performance! *grin*
     Oh, for all of your peoples keeping up with this blog, I've started a new one about my life growing up in Craig County, Va. I haven't quite figured out exactly what I'm going to do with it yet....I'm thinking lots of pictures of places from around town that I used to visit a lot, stories of my childhood, interviews with the locals, appalachian arts and crafts, and keeping updates about events going on in the town. :-)  I've got lots of ideas floating around in my head, but getting them organized is going to be a bit more difficult. If you would like to check it out, it is called Cherished Memories; Craig County, Criks and Crawdads! 
     Caleb and I have lined up several mini trips we're going to go on this year and a couple of longer ones. Of course, we can't have any "real" vacations because little Noah isn't quite big enough to enjoy them yet. :-)  I think towards the end of this month we're going to take a couple of days trips; one day we're going to Tennessee to visit Peppers....it's this awesome store that sells all of these different sauces. We always save up for it because we end up spending a ton of money there whenever we go...it's just so yummy. PLUS, they have samples so you can try any of their hot sauces why you're there in the store...it's pretty awesome. Then, another weekend we're going to kind of do a history of Virginia thing and visit Red Hill, Poplar Forest, and possibly Monticello. I'm a HUGE history buff so this is right up my alley....then, for our anniversary in July, I've asked Caleb to take me to Busch Gardens. I would love to go to the one at Tampa Bay, because I LOVE Florida, but we might have to settle for Williamsburg instead. :-)  Last year I missed out on all the rides because I was pregnant and even when we went to the beach I spent the entire time with morning sickness....so not too much fun for me last summer. I'm really looking forward to this summer, though!  :-) 
     Well, I know this has been kind of jumbled, but I didn't really have too much I wanted to talk about today. Just really excited to get my new blog started up...keep praying for me. It's going to take some work to get it going but I know that once it is, it's going to be a lot of fun! :-)  Thanks for the support everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment