Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Dear C.S. Lewis

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~C.S. Lewis

     Oh, how very true this is! In my opinion, Lewis is one of the most brilliant men to have ever lived on this Earth! :-)  I fell in love with Narnia as a child and have moved on to some of his more books for adults. I'm currently waiting for hubbs to finish reading Mere Christianity so I can read it too...:-)  Sometimes I wish I was as witty and as wise as Lewis, but then I think that God made me the way He did for a reason and then I smile, because I'm just so silly...and I like that God needs silly peoples like me here too! *sighs* I keep telling myself that even in the middle of sadness and confusion, God is right there...the beautiful beacon of light to my sinking ship! And that is truly a beautiful feeling! I know this has been random and sporratic (sp?) tonight, but I've had a lot on my mind and my writing tends to mimic what's going on in my mind. Before I end, though, I do want to note that I agree with Lewis to the fullest...I think it would make for a very dull and dreary life without friends...and although they're not a necessity, can you really imagine a world without them?

No comments:

Post a Comment