Thursday, June 24, 2010

Parents Just Don't Understand


Parents Just Don't Understand

6/23

by Susanna Wolff yesterday
Do your parents not understand technology? Do they ask you stupid questions? Do they send you absurd text messages? Do they use words like "MyFace,""SpaceBook,"or "The World Wide Web?" 
If you've got an example of your Parents Just Don't Understanding, 
submit it here
And thank God we'll never be as dumb as they are!

Everytime my Mom encounters new technology, and it takes more than 10 seconds to explain how buttons work, she calls it a "design flaw."S W from UC Irvine
When my Mum wants something deleted off our digital TV recorder, I have to do it for her. Having said that, she doesn't trust me to get rid of the right things, so she'll sit by my side telling me which programmes to "cross out."Simon N
When looking to rent a movie from iTunes, my father, rather than doing a search of the movie he knows he wants, will try and look through the whole store first. When he comes up empty handed, he gets mad at iTunes for being too complicated.Andy D from WC
My dad had just left for a trip to Manitoba, and had brought his laptop with him. We live in Ontario, and I told my mom she could call him on Skype while he was away. She told me there was no Skype up where he was staying.Dan Schmidt from Ottawa U
My uncle makes Facebook events for the things he does in the day, and invites everyone on his friends list. He thinks the point of events is to tell people what you're doing. For example, his newest one reads "Going to town to get a haircut and springs for my lawnmower...thank god....my lawn looks like a jungle...nice to get it done so i can enjoy it in this weather."Chelsea Urquhart from Minot State
I've been studying abroad in Australia for 5 months and have come to realize that my mother does not understand Skype. First she tried calling me multiple times in a row when I wasn't even signed on because she thought she could "wake me up." Second, she thinks that if she switches to looking at something on the internet instead of skype that I can longer see her because she "covered me up."Rachel F
I don’t know what’s more upsetting: the fact that my parents use my brother’s and my names and birthdays as passwords, or the fact that they are always asking me what their passwords are.N H
My mom refers to different browsers as her different "Googles."Will S from Carleton
My grandpa always complained about kids driving around with their "boom boxes" in their cars. He'd say, "I just don't understand it, it just goes boom boom boom boom." It took a few times of him complaining about this before I fully comprehended the idiocy. He thought the bass beats were the only sound coming out of the speakers because that's all he could hear from the outside of their cars.Randall H
My dad refers to my MP3 player as any of the following: MGD player MPG player MGM player 3D player PC player MypodColin Gaynor from Joliet Junior College
www.collegehumor.com

2 comments:

  1. Um so today your blog is advertising "searching for that perfect tattoo lover" Hmmmm. ha!

    ReplyDelete