Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Feeling Like a Kid Again

     I spent my evening eating dinner at my Granny Spitzer's house, which is ALWAYS yummy. Afterwards, my brother and his girlfriend invited us to go swimming in the creek across from my grandparents so I jumped at the chance...we had a blast. I think it's probably been at least four or five years since I've swam in a creek, lol...but I had the most incredible time. There is just something so relaxing being surrounded by trees, with the beautiful summer sky laid out above you...breathing in the sweet smell of honeysuckle. After moments like this, I can't understand how people can say God doesn't exist!  
    Then, Craig County was having their annual summer carnival so we decided to swing by for a second. And although it only took us five minutes to circle the entire thing twice....it was still fun. Besides, it's Craig...you don't go there for the event really, you go there to see who you will see and socialize! *grin* I ran into some old friends and so that was pretty nice...got to show off our little Noah Bug! :-)  Got an invite to come and hang out with a couple of our best friends, so we took them up on it...had a great time catching up! Reminded me of my younger years of growing up in the country...just what I needed to relax and slow down in this fast paced world!  I pray that each of you is able to have many moments like these in the week ahead!  God bless each and every one of you!  :-) Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment