Tuesday, January 11, 2011

10 Days to Go...

...until my baby turns 1!  *grin*  I am so excited and have been looking forward to this day for a while, but in the same sense, I sort of dread it. Just the fact that I'm old enough to have a 1 year old is scary...it feels like yesterday I was meeting Caleb for the first time and realizing the meaning of true love. It just doesn't seem right that I graduated from high school 6 years ago, and it's been almost 2 since receiving my B.A. from Roanoke College. Time has a way of slipping up on us and making a year feel more like a week. For those of you who don't have children, let me just reassure you time flies by even quicker when that first little one arrives. I can just see him now, coming home and telling me he's "in love", driving his first car, graduating from high school, college...getting married. And as far away as that seems sometimes, it's not. Life is going to fly by and before I know it, my sweet little baby boy is going to be having kiddos of his own. It's such a bittersweet feeling...spending the rest of my life wanting him to be happy, but in the same moment, knowing that one day I'm going to have to give him up...hopefully to a sweet, God fearing girl who cherishes him with her whole heart. That will make me the happiest Mom on the planet, I do believe! But God is good and even when I think I won't be strong enough to let my little boy go, He will give me the strength I need in that moment. 
     And another thing that has changed...I used to spend everyday dreaming of what could be. Would I marry Caleb? What flowers should be the centerpiece for the wedding ceremony? Can we really graduate college? Are we going to be able to afford to buy a house soon?  But now, I just enjoy each day as it comes. And sure, I have dreams, but the most important things to me in this life don't require dreams...I know that I will one day spend eternity with my Savior in Heaven, that I am married to the most amazing man on this Earth who loves me unconditionally, and have the two most beautiful children I could have ever asked for. I don't care what the future holds, because I know WHO holds my future. Thanks be to God for each moment He has chosen to bless me with...there is no way I could thank Him enough for this life or for my salvation. I do pray that each of you has a blessed day and if you don't mind, please continue to pray for Haleigh and I...that the glucose test won't indicate I have gestational diabetes. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment